Tips for Using the New NRGIS Library
- Starting with the 2010 NAIP, all files
are downloadable in a single zip file.
- Not sure what version of a dataset you
have? Check the "Edition Date" in the Metadata, and compare it to the
one on the website. The format is a date: YYYYMMDD (year-month-day)
- If you are experiencing trouble with
the ftp site timing out, try downloading and using a "simple ftp" download
- Having trouble in ArcMap, with your
images showing up in the wrong place? set the "Data Frame Properties."
Also check for .aux files in the C:\temp\rasterproxies\ directory.
Delete these aux files.
- To view MrSid Images (2002 CIR
airphotos) in a stand-alone program, go to the tools section and download the free browser plugin.
- Right Click and choose "Save
Target As" to download image files and world files to your hard drive.
- When downloading Grids, the resulting
extracted files with be in the data structure of our library on our
server. If you move them, you will need to keep the info folder and
data folder in the same directory for them to work.
- Metadata files are included in the
downloadable zip files as an HTML file (you don't have to download seperately)